The Dallas or i-touch buttons/tags are available in a key fob or card holder in multi colours and can work on any Dallas tag reader as used in applications for Access control, Time & Attendance, fuel dispensing, petrol bowsers etc.
They are also sometimes referred to as magnetic readers although there is nothing magnetic about them nor does any magnetism interfere with the data in the unit.
The advantages of using the touch buttons are that there are no possible duplication of entries as used in prox card applications as there is no doubt about who “tagged” the reader. They are also extremely robust, we’ve seen them washed, ridden over (by a dump truck :o), dropped from heights and although the housing may be damaged (easily replaced) the units themselves still worked perfectly.
- Features a beeper and multicolour LED which can be host-and/or locally controlled.
- Enables various beeper and LED configurations, depending on individual site requirements.
- Can read HID cards with formats up to 85 bits.
- Designed for mounting directly onto metal with no change in read range performance.
- Available with either Wiegand or Clock-and-Data (magnetic stripe data) output.
- Compatible with all standard access control systems.
- Aesthetic design available in two cover designs and in four colours to match any decor.
- Includes multilingual installation manual.